Thursday, August 07, 2003

I went to see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night since my friend P.C. didn't have the heart to warn me about it in the first place. I have never read the graphic novel by the same name, but I figured since Alan Moore was involved it couldn't be too bad. I was wrong. Dreadfully wrong. The movie was just plain out gawdawful. I've seen episodes of Scooby Doo on Saturday mornings that were much better. I was prepared to write a completely scathing review of it, but Roger Ebert beat me to it with this review that I completely agree with.

My favorite quote from his review: "...the movie plays like a big wind came along and blew away the script and they ran down the street after it and grabbed a few pages and shot those."

The only good thing about the movie is that some of the sets were really good.

No comments: