Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Good Week

For the first time since I started using a pedometer about 3 years ago, I've managed to walk more than 10k steps a day for seven straight days. Over the last 7 days, I've put 79,254 steps on it, which is over 36 miles and averages 11.3k per day. I've actually walked enough to lose weight without doing the low carb diet, and pretty much eating like I normally would other than not going to buffets.

I'm going to try to push it out to 8 or 9 straight days this week, although I may rest up some for my caving trip this Wednesday night. The best day this week was when Jack and I went to the Greenway yesterday afternoon. It was really hot, and I burned through almost 2 liters of water, but we walked a little over 4 miles. Here's a picture of Jack on one of the bridges.

9 comments:

Eve Proper said...

Go Hatch go!

Unknown said...

Um, excuse me, but Jack DOESN'T appear to be walking....

Wayward Hatch said...

No, Jack was there for moral support and for me to have an extra 40 to 50 pounds to push around.

Anonymous said...

If it's not sustained... well, you are pissin' in the wind.

Wayward Hatch said...

Maybe you're mixing up posts Anonymous? I think you're talking about the previous one.

The whole point of the post is that I am sustaining it, which I haven't done previously. Try to keep up.

Anonymous said...

Sustained, as in raising your heartrate for a sustained period such as thirty minutes. Just walking x number of steps a day doesn't really mean anything. Walking twenty minutes a day three times a week will be more effective. I am annon...

Mike Pender

Wayward Hatch said...

Well, let's see, I have no idea who Mike Pender is, so that's one point off. The other point is that it is next to impossible to walk 10k steps in a day without a sustained effort. Most of the time I have at least 60 minutes a day of aerobic walking, which the pacemaker defines as walking at least 10 minutes without any significant pauses. Yesterday for example, I had 6.5k steps defined that way. Actually, I've been doing some moderate interval training by jogging about 150 steps then walking for about 200 then repeating a few times.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Whatever happened to being praised for spending quality time with your son too? Keep it up!

Heff said...

Nine, ahahaha Nine Freakin' Comments, ahahaha !