Sunday, February 05, 2006

Hatch Takes a Licking and Keeps On Ticking

For some reason I completely overlooked the fact that January 31 was the two year anniversary of my brush with death and receiving a pacemaker. These days I don't think about the fact that I'm a cybernetic organism very often. I notice it in the shower in the morning when I'm scrubbing my chest and when I'm checking out my disappearing gut in the mirror. The scar has faded a lot and has hair covering it, but I'm no Stephen Archer so it's still pretty visible. Heh.

Anyway, I have to admit I'm still slightly bitter about having a computer in my chest that I don't really need anymore. At least no one tells me I should be grateful for it anymore. At some point later this year I'll need to have a checkup for it, and I'm curious if they'll still want to replace it in 7 to 10 years after the battery starts to run down, even if there's been no sign of the heartblock re-occuring.

No comments: