Tuesday, February 15, 2005

More Poker Stories

Tonight I played in a tournament at Startime in Roswell that had about 30 people in it. I played a little tight at the beginning and was almost on the short stack at my table. I went all in with a KQ suited but the guy to my right called me and turned up a pair of Aces. Another Ace came up in the flop, but I ended up drawing the straight on 5th Street. After that I started getting pretty aggressive and ended up at the final table with a decent stack of chips.

There were 6 of us at the final table to start and I continued to be pretty aggressive. I knocked one guy out by drawing a flush on 5th street, and for a while after that nobody wanted to call me and I went on a rush where I won about 6 small pots in a row. When it was down to 3 of us I went all in and got called by the guy who had about the same amount of chips I had. I knocked him out and it was down to two of us. The other guy had a monster stack and had been playing tight most of the night. I went all in with a pair of 3's in the hole and he called me and flipped up a 9-10 offsuit. He flopped the straight J-Q-K and I was out.

I won 25 bucks in house cash though and came in 2nd in what was only my 3rd live tournament. I've been reading Doyle Brunson's book this past week, and it seems to be helping so far.

No comments: