Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hatch Sets a Quarter Milestone

I went to the gym for the 3rd time this week last night. I really didn't want to, but I blabbed about it so much to Heff that I felt compelled to do so. I did 3 sets of arms and shoulders and back, then about a mile on the treadmill and a quick sit in the sauna.

When I got home, I still needed about 2,000 more steps to hit 10K for the day, so I started out down the sidewalk in the neighborhood. I was feeling pretty loose, so I started out jogging. I've been doing some intervals on the treadmill for the last few weeks, so my stamina has been going up. I usually push it about 100 strides then walk til I catch my breath. Last night I just kept going for a while. I kept making deals with myself to stop every 50 strides past 100, but I kept pushing it and eventually went 300 strides non-stop, which is over a quarter of a mile.

Last year I remember sending an email to Uncle Bull where I proudly stated that I had "walked a quarter of a mile yesterday." That sounds so pitiful now, but when I was 330 lbs at the time it was an effort just to walk up the stairs at my house. I'm still stuck at 280 lbs right now, but I'm making progress.

1 comment:

Nome said...

You are doing great!!!! I have gained "some" weight lately. I am not sure how much b/c I do not, never have, and never want to own a set of scales. I know that is a little weird, but does that really surpise you? I am really proud of you!!! Keep up the good work...

Hugs and Kisses, Auntie