Friday, March 19, 2004

Adjustments

The weekly fitness plan doesn't officially start until this Monday, but I decided to try it out last night at the Y. I'm adjusting the walking time down to 45 minutes on weeknights. I'm doing this for two reasons:

1) The treadmills at the Y only like to go for 45 minutes maximum. Well, actually there are treadmills that will go longer, but not the ones that keep up with vertical distance.

2) I want to set goals for vertical distance in my treadmill sessions, so I'm setting the incline to a minimum of 2%. Last night I ended up doing 331 vertical feet in 2.27 miles for an average grade of 2.32%.

My goal for these sessions is to go 3 miles and 500 vertical feet in 45 minutes. I still want to walk outside at least 1 hour each week during the week though. When daylight savings time kicks in I'll be able to hit the greenway that's next to the Y for that.

No comments: