Wednesday, March 24, 2004

This Hatch Was Made for Walkin'

I went to the YMCA last night to continue the weekly fitness plan. I didn't go Monday night, so I lost two points there. I made up one point by walking at lunch yesterday. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, and this time I went 2.4 miles and 410 feet of vertical elevation, which averages to a 3.2% grade and 3.2 miles/hour. I also did some leg exercises, so I was pretty whipped when I stumbled back into the house last night. My short-term goal is still 3 miles and 500 ft of elevation in 45 minutes. Right now my first mile is still taking me about 18 minutes, so I've got a ways to go.

The D.B.A.N. for today is 284 lbs, so I'm back on track with the weight loss. I've also got a new chart to track the weight loss on my website.

I'm going to make some adjustments to the fitness plan for next week. The 45 minutes on the treadmill is pretty intense, and Wednesday nights are bad for me due to bible study, so I'm going to cut that back to just Tuesdays and Thursdays and increase it to 2 pts per 45 minutes. I'm also going to add 20 minutes at lunch for every weekday. Another thing I'm doing to add extra during the day is parking as far out as possible at work, which is about .15 miles, and I'm taking the stairs up to the 3rd floor.

No comments: