Friday, July 22, 2005

Village of Idiots

Thank God our congress has managed to solve all the problems facing our nation so they can turn to the really important stuff like extending Daylight Savings Time. Now long term readers may recall that I've advocated just pushing the clocks forward an hour and being done with it, but extending DST by a few weeks at each end to "save energy" is absurd.

I don't know about your home, but the women in my house turn on lights no matter how bright it is outside. I can tell I'm turning into an old crank because I spend time at home every day turning off lights and grumbling about the electricity bill.

The farmers complaining about the deleterious effects of DST on their dairy cattle also cracks me up. There's no reason you can't still milk the cows at the same time you always do, it's just the numbers on the clock that's changing. It's not like going on or off DST somehow pushes the cattle through a hole in the space-time continuum from which they'll never recover. Saying it's 6am right now in Eastbuddafark cowland is just an arbitrary number someone decided on a few hundred years ago. The cows don't give a frak whether the clock says 6am or 7am, trust me on this one.

5 comments:

Heff said...

All I know is I like getting off work and still having a few precious hours of daylight. That's my stance. Going home from work with it already pitch dark outside sucks a farking lot.

Heff said...

"Whipped " ?!?!?

HatchWife said...

We just like BRIGHT LIGHT! You like a dark house so you can sleep at anytime. VAMPIRE perhaps?

Heff said...

I like a dark house so Donna and I can remain naked most of the time, and not be seen from the outside. I'm still working on getting windows that automatically tint as the outside gets brighter.

Heff said...

"Village Elders" ?!? I don't live in a TRIBE, Bill !