Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Bro!

My brother Brian turned 35 today. Hard to believe. I was five when he was born, and I still remember my Granddaddy and MawMaw Strother taking me up to Brookwood Hospital to try to sneak me up to see him. Back then they didn't let five year olds visit the maternity wards. Of course, I was mostly disappointed since I had made my Mother's OB/GYN promise me for months that I was going to have a little sister. I used to grab the doctor's hand and refuse to let go of it until he promised. Obviously this was before ultrasounds were common place as well.

2 comments:

Heff said...

Bastard STILL owes me Five Bucks !

Anonymous said...

I remember mother and daddy trying to slip you up the stairs. Daddy never was one to follow the rules. Maybe that's where you get the urge to read books without purchasing them. Just please don't spill coffee on them!tricia