Saturday, May 13, 2006

Movie Review - Mission : Impossible 3

I really dislike Tom Cruise as a person. I think Scientology is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard of. I would never crap on someone's religion, but let's get real. It's all made up stuff set up as an Amway program.

Never the less, I've also had a long standing belief that I could care less about an entertainer's personal life or beliefs. I want them to entertain me. As long as they don't try to start using their celebrity status to influence things that affect me.

So we hadn't been to see a movie in quite a while, what with the birth of the kid and everything. We spent the day at the mall and finally made it to the movie theatre. Marissa and Victoria had their heart set on some chick flick with Lindsey "Boobie Flash" Lohan, and I declined to join them. Looking over the list of movies playing, my choice was Poseidon or MI3. I chose the latter.

I've always loved spy movies, but I think they really need to take a break from making them for a while. They're obviously out of ideas. There was nothing new or original about this movie at all. I was really tired and worn out from walking about 3 miles around the mall beforehand, so at one point I thought I was hallucinating and seeing scenes from other movies in the past.

There's a scene where Tom Cruise is riding a motorcycle without a helmet next to an airport. Does that ring any bells? Then there's a scene where a jet is blowing up pieces of a long flat bridge that goes over a large body of water. Hello? I expected Jamie Lee Curtis to be swinging out of the bottom of the helicopter at that point.

Still, it was an enjoyable Saturday afternoon movie. The action sequences were well done, especially the break-in scenes where small squad tactics were shown. The gadgets weren't too over the top, although I really hate it when they start making us try to believe that someone can put on a latex mask and look exactly like someone else. It's so unbelievable that it's really distracting, but thankfully they didn't do too much of it this time around.

Now we just have to wait to see how bad the next James Bond flick is going to be. I think it needs to rest for about 20 years or so since the last few have been just awful and just based on the actor they picked to play Bond the next one could put the final nails in the coffin.

1 comment:

HatchWife said...

complain, complain. R u a critic now too?