Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Baby Asploded

Last night was our turn to help out in the nursery at church, and I spent most of the time holding Jackson or pushing a stroller with two babies in it around and around a large circle, which was great because it let me get more steps in that day.

Right after Marissa left to go to her bible study, I was sitting in a rocking chair with Jackson and he started having what I thought was one of his usual "Farty Parties." After a few minutes though, I started getting a whiff of something rank. I put him on a changing table and carefully opened up the diaper, and it.....it was everywhere!

I know I'm way down the list of parents this has happened to, but it was the first time for me. It took a good five minutes to get him cleaned up and I must have gone through 20 wet wipes. It even got on his socks. If I had been at home I would have stuck him in the sink and sprayed him off, which would have been much easier.

At least now I know how Uncle Bull's wife feels after he's been on a steroid bender.

No comments: