Monday, November 14, 2005

24 Hours in Bama

We drove down Saturday afternoon to Columbiana for a baby shower that was held Sunday afternoon. We ended up taking Marissa even though we originally didn't think she was going to make the trip. She did good on the way down, and spent most of the trip laying in the back of the Montero listening to me cuss at the Alabama/LSU game on the radio.

That evening I walked from my brother's house to Heff's house and back, which brought my weekly walking total up to 12.6 miles. This is the most I've walked in one week since I started tracking it 6 weeks ago. My next goal is to get to 14 miles a week but it may not be this week since my legs still feel like they're shot.

We visited with Donna and the Heffer for a few hours and when Heff forwards me the photos I'll post a group shot. I was disappointed a little since there was no cheeseball awaiting me and the grill was never fired up. There was chili but I was a little afraid of the possible carbs so I passed.

On Sunday we went to church with my mom, ate at Bernie's as is the required tradition, and then showed up at my cousin Sam's house for the baby shower. The loot was plentiful and the Montero was so stuffed that Marissa couldn't lay down in the back for the return trip to Tennessee. Highlights of the gifts include a Diaper Genie, the swing Marissa was craving, and lots of diapers and wipes and other needed baby equipment. Even my old Tuba buddy Dick Sturm showed up and I got to catch up with him for a while.

It was a good weekend but we were all really tired when we made it back to the house. I'm still dragging this morning and I'll probably try to go to sleep early tonight. Time to go get more coffee. I'm at 296 lbs this morning, so no major weight changes over the weekend.

1 comment:

Heff said...

That's what you get when you don't announce up front that you're stopping by - NO STEAK. I'll forward you the group photo shortly.