Monday, November 07, 2005

Four Days Later

So it's been four days since I last posted. In that time a lot has gone on. I blew the diet out and I'm back at 300 lbs this morning. No worries though, since I'm starting back on the low carb train until Thanksgiving. I think this time of year gives me too many excuses to cheat a little on the low calorie diet, and cheating a little leads to cheating a lot.

Despite this recent setback, I'm still happy with my progress. Marissa commented yesterday morning when I was getting dressed about how my legs and butt were looking much more muscular and well formed, so all the walking I've been doing has started paying off.

Speaking of walking, I got some funk on the top of my left foot which I ended up having to put a large bandage over for the weekend after I scratched it so much it started bleeding. I get lazy in the mornings and wear the same socks another day or three. Getting a few more pair of Smartwool should help out with that a good bit since I'm rotating between two pair right now.

Last Thursday night I joined the Nashville Grotto, which is a club affiliated with the National Speleological Society, which I also joined last week. I got several offers from people to go caving this past weekend and next, but I had to decline for now. I'm not going to disappear in a cave for several hours cut off from all communication until after the baby is born. I also want to get my own helmet and light gear before I start deep delving so I won't have to borrow from anyone.

My Mom was in town since Friday night so we enjoyed having her with us along with Prissie Sue the dachshund. Prissie is about 14 years old so she has no patience with Annie our dachshund who still acts like a puppy. Prissie just ignores her for the most part which drives Annie insane and she hops around barking at her.

Mom is going with Marissa this morning to her OB/GYN visit. Marissa has been going through a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions recently and she was up late last night with those. My wife is a worrier by nature, so I try to get her to relax more and I've been doing a lot of back and foot massaging to help her do so.

My sinus problems have finally cleared up and I'm sleeping much better as a result. I only slept about 6.5 hours last night since I stayed up late watching TV and talking to Marissa, but I feel pretty good this morning. Compare that to last week when I could sleep for 8 hours and still feel like nodding off at lunch time.

No comments: