Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wednesday Night

I made it to the Nashville Grotto monthly meeting last night at the Adventure Science Center here in Nashville. There were about 25 or 30 people there and I met a lot of nice caving folks. Someone gave a slideshow presentation showing how he had visited approximately 100 caves in Tennessee and North Alabama during the last 12 months. Very impressive and informative. I'm definitely going back and I'm going to be joining the local grotto and the NSS. There are a lot of vertical caves that the grotto members visit regularly, so being able to go up and down 200 feet of rope is a great incentive to keep dropping weight.

After I got home last night about 9:30 I changed into my walking outfit for my nightly 1 mile trip. I had a lot of energy when I started, so I actually jogged for about 50 strides on three separate occasions during the walk. This is basically me starting to do some interval training, so if I can keep it up along with my good diet habits there should be no problem with me being in good hiking/caving shape by the spring.

No comments: