Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Movie Review : Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We got to the mall this past Saturday at about 11:30am to get ready for Victoria's birthday celebration. I had to snag two of the large tables in the food court, drag them together, run down to the cookie store to get the cookie cake, get 12 soda orders, eat some pizza, then follow three girls around the mall a few times at a trot so they could do a scavenger hunt. By the end of the hunt, my ankles, hips, and back were groaning.

So it was with a sense of relief that I settled into my seat in the theatre to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith, especially since I didn't have to watch the Sisterhood of the Pants chick flick that everyone else was going to see. I had low expectations of this movie going into it, and ended up being pleasantly surprised.

At it's core, this movie is about a failed marriage that gets turned around. All the other stuff is just window dressing. It's like a James Bond movie that has good character interaction and dialogue. Pitt and Jolie are beautiful people and so is everyone else in this movie. It all starts out a little slow, but by the end I was extremely satisfied with the whole thing.

My only complaint was the stupid $%$#@* that brought a couple of 3 year olds into the movie. One of them screamed loudly everytime there was an explosion or gunshot. This movie had almost as much gunfire as The Matrix, so you can imagine how annoying that was. Add to that the old fat white guy behind me who gave an extremely loud, deep belly laugh everytime anything remotely funny happened. It was so odd that I came to the conclusion he must be on some type of medication.

1 comment:

Heff said...

I can't believe it - Hatch sucked in by "Brangelina" !